MAAL Rebelion Malbec

Per bottle £17.99

Quick Facts

  • Brand MAAL
  • Bottle Size 75cl
  • ABV 14%
  • Organic Yes
  • Vintage 2018
  • Country Argentina
  • Country Region Mendoza
  • Subregion Lujan de Cuyo
  • Grape Variety Malbec
  • Closure Cork
Per bottle - £17.99
- +

Intro to MAAL Rebelion Malbec –

MAAL Rebelion Malbec is a deliciously soft full flavoured Malbec from quality Argentinian vineyards.

Full tasting note and wine making –

MAAL Rebelion Malbec is a deep coloured wine with dark intense blackcurrant and black cherry fruit with a touch of chocolate. On the palate there are super soft tannins with a well structured medium body and dark fruit coming through from the nose.

The fruit is sourced from the Vista Flores, Altamira and Lujan de Cuyo vineyards in Mendoza. The three sites are at an altitude of 900m to 1250 m above sea level and the vines are between 6 and 95 years old. The vine training system is a vertical shoot positioning with an average plant density of 4000 plants per hectare. The grapes are harvested and brought to the winery for twenty three days cold maceration. The wild fermentation begins at temperatures between 22 and 25 degrees C. This is followed by twenty three days maceration and full malolactic fermentation is encouraged in tank. After this there is sixty days oak aging for 40% of the wine in third use barrels and the remaining 60% ages with oak staves.

The producer –

MAAL quite simply stands for, Malbec-As-Alfredo-Likes!

Produced by Alfredo Merlo, who trained at Harlan Estate in Napa before starting MAAL. He is a young winemaker from Mendoza and his vision is to produce unique, elegant and intense Malbec wines. Wines that reflect a single vineyard philosophy, enhancing the characteristics that make that vineyard and its location different from others. The grapes are sourced from his vineyards in Luján de Cuyo, and from small special vineyard plots owned by close friends and family.

Drink with –

This wine is a great partner to steak and other robustly flavoured dishes.

Flagship Wines uses a reliable carrier with a robust national delivery network providing a speedy convenient service to UK mainland addresses.

Deliveries are made Monday to Friday and not normally on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays though Saturday deliveries are possible on payment of an additional charge.

Click and Collect Service

If you wish to collect your order from Flagship Wines shop at 417 Hatfield Road, St Albans, AL4 0XP please click on this option at checkout. There is no charge for this service.

Delivery Charges

Delivery in St Albans is FREE for orders over £85, for orders less than £85 the charge is £5.

Postal delivery of tasting tickets and vouchers is also FREE if this option is chosen.

Our standard national delivery charge is £10 and is FREE for all orders over £250. The standard delivery is next day for all orders placed by 12noon and the following day for all orders received later than that.

Arrangements in case you’re out at the time of delivery

Please leave clear instructions in the special instructions section on the checkout page so the wine can be left in a safe place to suit you. As our delivery service requires a signature then if your wine is not signed for it is left at your risk and losses are not replaceable. If instructions are not left a card will be put through your door asking you to contact the carrier to arrange re-delivery or collection within 2 days.

Special Instructions

Please also provide directions in the special instructions box at the checkout to the delivery address if it is hard to find.

Non UK Mainland addresses

For charges applicable for delivery to remote addresses such as the Scottish Highlands and Islands please note that different charges apply and these are clearly shown at checkout. The charges are per case of 12 x 75cl bottles and the delivery time will be a little longer due to the location.

The Scottish postcodes affected are as follows:

AB 30, 33-38, 41-45, 51-56, DD 8-9, FK 19-21, IV 1-18, 30-37, 40, 41-49, 51 -56, 63, KA 15-17, 27-28, KW15-17, PA 20-49, 60-78, PH 15-26, 30-44, 49, 50, HS 1-9, ZE 1-3

If you would like to arrange delivery to any addresses that are not covered here please contact us on 01727 865309 or by email to sales@flagshipwines.co.uk and we will ascertain the correct charges for you.

Out of Stock

If any items you ordered are out of stock we will contact you as soon as possible.

Please contact us by phone on 01727 865309 or by email within 48 hours if your wine doesn’t reach you in perfect condition.

We hope you enjoy your wines and would love to hear what you thought of them.

Free delivery

On local deliveries

No minimum order

Order from as little as 1 bottle

Expert knowledge

Experienced wine seller

Our shop

Based in hertfordshire